Saturday, July 27, 2013

To Fredericton

Well once St John was drank dry, well not really, it is off to try the beer taps of Fredericton
Excitement built as I knew much of the Picaroons brewery, a former Canadian Award winning Brewery of the year and we had experienced some beers at a Halifax Seaport Festival one year. As we entered Fredericton the brewery's address was Googled and Siri led me to a spot away from the main part of town. Experience has taught me that when this happens the brewery acts strictly as a work place and no tasting room or tap room exist and again, this held true.
Stopping anyway I spoke with brewers and asked the best place to get the beer and it turns out they have a 'brewtique' on the main strip in town.
I then asked to use their washroom and in it hung a poster for Buswakker in Regina. I inquired about it and they said 'They make great beer' - and they do
Siri 'recalculated' and off we went. Entering the brewtique I was saddened again in that there were no taps - only bottle and swag sales. I would return for bottles but was very hungry and thirsty. The good people directed me to a wonderful nearby restaurant with Picaroons on tap and all was well in Fredericton once again
So which beer?
Well they brew a number of recipes but the favourites were their Dark and Stormy, Dooryard summer ale and Simeon Jones amber.
Packed the car with these ones as the beer cannot be found out of New Brunswick yet. Hopefully one day we will see them in Alberta liquor stores.








http://www.picaroons.ca/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment